As a formerly practicing Certified Appellate Specialist, I have been asked to lend my insights and experience to numerous legal forums and webinars. If you are interested in having me speak about appellate law, family law appeals, or about preparing an appeal at the trial court level, you are welcome to contact me.
As of late 2022, I will be posting speaking engagements and other events on my personal site.
- "Brief Writing & Memorandum for Trial Court"
May 18, 2022 at 12:00 PM PT
Speakers: Hon. Lamar W. Baker, Hon. Bryant Y. Yang, and Gerald M. Serlin, Esq.
Moderator: Honey Kessler Amado, Esq.
Liaison: Marshall M. Waller, Esq.
Hosted by LACBA - Family Law Section's Family Law Advocacy Training (F.L.A.T)
Read Statement by Honey Kessler Amado
- "The Legal Fight Against Anti-Semitism on Campus"
April 29, 2021 at 3:15 PM PT
Speakers: Honey Kessler Amado, Carly F. Gammill, and Kenneth L. Marcus
Hosted by StandWithUs, The Decalogue Society of Lawyers, and Chicago Loop Synagogue
- A conversation about Sines v. Kessler -- the Integrity First for America lawsuit against white supremacists
April 13, 2021 at 4:00 PM PT
Co-Host: Honey Kessler Amado
- “Dr. Sami Adwan, in conversation with Honey Kessler Amado”
January 17, 2021 at 10:30 AM PST
Speakers: Dr. Sami Adwan and Honey Kessler Amado
Watch the recording on YouTube
- “Writing More Persuasive Briefs”
November 18, 2020 at 12:00 PM PST
Speakers: Honey Kessler Amado and Gregory R. Ellis
Sponsored by the San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- “The Ins and Outs of Mediating in the Court of Appeal”
June 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST
Speakers: Judge Kira Klatchko and Honey Kessler Amado
Sponsored by the Riverside County Bar Association
- On March 28, 2019, I was included in the LACBA Daily eBriefs recognition of Past and Present Bar Leaders in honor of Women's History Month. Read the post here: http://bit.ly/LACBADailyeBriefs
- “Being Heard: Presentation Skills for Attorneys”
On January 23, 2019, I joined Faith Pincus for the ABA (American Bar Association) webinar "Being Heard: Presentation Skills for Attorneys." The 1 hour-15 minute program is available to purchase for CLE credit and may be accessed directly from the ABA website.
Our conversation covered the following topics:
Strategically preparing for your audience The keys to unlock the most persuasive argument for your position, including focusing on the strongest and weakest points in your arguments and those of your opponent How to construct better outlines that empower you to respond nimbly to questions and cues during argument Tips for heightening mental and physical acuity in preparation for an oral argument What to say and not to say at oral argument: delivery in the trial court vs. delivery in the court of appeal
- "Monday Evening with Legal Masters: in conversation with Honey Kessler Amado and Honorable B. Scott Silverman"
January 14, 2019 at 6:00PM – 8:30 PM PST